2017 Wish List

Moderator: Moderators

Bassmeant

2017 Wish List

Postby Bassmeant » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:46 pm

Just a general list of things that would be nice to see in game. None are deal breakers. Will add more over time.

1. Random Distant Sounds: Dog barking, gunshots, chainsaw, chopping wood, etc. These should add to the sense of the world being alive. They shouldn't have any in game functionality, just random cues you hear from time to time.
2. Weather. Be nice if you take a morale penalty for not mousing up during bad weather like rain. Being wet and soggy vs being dry and warm should cause morale to drop which lowers functionality. Snow season? is this possible?
3. Forest Fires? Are these even possible? Tornado?
4. Sickness: the more people in your living area, the higher the chance for everyone to pass a sickness around.
5. i think there are too many scattered vehicles. If the grid had been down for a long time, all those cars would have been scav'd and turned into other stuff. I think if you did find a car, it would be off road, someplace where it had run out of gas and been turned into an encampment. Not sure the timeline for the game though, how long it's been since the world went bad. And i think a lotta these power line poles would have been knocked down and used for fire wood or building.
6. Animals: so there are things you could add like deer, birds, squirrels, rabbits, etc. that are pretty much cosmetic but could be functional in the hunting sense. Birds equal feathers = used to craft arrows. But there would also be animals that are PvE like bears, snakes, cougars, wolves(rare!!) there would be TONS of wild dog packs, that's for sure. It's a small element, animals, but it will go a LOOONG way toward making this world seem alive.
FS_Slick

Re: 2017 Wish List

Postby FS_Slick » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Bassmeant wrote:Just a general list of things that would be nice to see in game. None are deal breakers. Will add more over time.

1. Random Distant Sounds: Dog barking, gunshots, chainsaw, chopping wood, etc. These should add to the sense of the world being alive. They shouldn't have any in game functionality, just random cues you hear from time to time.
2. Weather. Be nice if you take a morale penalty for not mousing up during bad weather like rain. Being wet and soggy vs being dry and warm should cause morale to drop which lowers functionality. Snow season? is this possible?
3. Forest Fires? Are these even possible? Tornado?
4. Sickness: the more people in your living area, the higher the chance for everyone to pass a sickness around.
5. i think there are too many scattered vehicles. If the grid had been down for a long time, all those cars would have been scav'd and turned into other stuff. I think if you did find a car, it would be off road, someplace where it had run out of gas and been turned into an encampment. Not sure the timeline for the game though, how long it's been since the world went bad. And i think a lotta these power line poles would have been knocked down and used for fire wood or building.
6. Animals: so there are things you could add like deer, birds, squirrels, rabbits, etc. that are pretty much cosmetic but could be functional in the hunting sense. Birds equal feathers = used to craft arrows. But there would also be animals that are PvE like bears, snakes, cougars, wolves(rare!!) there would be TONS of wild dog packs, that's for sure. It's a small element, animals, but it will go a LOOONG way toward making this world seem alive.

Yes, we will add diferent sounds.
Weather will be changed sometimes, not sure about snow seasons, but there will be diference.
About forest fires or tornados, probably no, but maybe in some local events or something like that.
There will be animals, and some interactive actions with them.
very interesting ideas, we will consider them!
Thanks for your support

Return to “General Questions”